Monday, July 11, 2011

Tarts and Flowers


Hi Guys, Tarts and Flours is my next exhibition of paintings and sculptures.
These paintings will be on display at 19 Karen Gallery in Queensland, Australia from 17th Sept – 8th October.

In 2010 I moved my studio back home. Since then my days are filled with painting and baking. Tarts and Flours is a visual exploration of the baking process, taste and flavour.

I feel like the process of mixing paint and the process of mixing baking ingredients comes from the same creative space. I apply colour to canvas as I apply flavour to flour. This show is a homage to the domestic goddess within, the search for perfection in colour, texture and flavour. Tarts and Flours explores my early memories of baking as a child, the cakes mum used to make from the AWW Children’s Birthday Cake Book and the daily process of discovery in my own kitchen and studio.

See more images for this show on my website www.beckwheeler.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love tarts and flowers!
(not very fond of farts and towers)
This is mesmerizing!
Why didn't I come here sooner?!
xo

- Hobo

Sunday, August 14, 2011 2:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home